So, here is my quick and dirty scone recipe. No pictures, because I’ve eaten them all.
- 9 oz flour (255g)
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml oil
- 120 ml milk (remember kids – mix your measurements!)
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of ground linseed
- Mix all the dry things in a big bowl.
- Add all the wet things.
- Stir that bad boy.
- Shape into blobs. I know scones should be drier than this, but trust me. Blobs.
- Bake at 220C (425F) for 15 minutes, or until done.